Press Release - Detail
For immediate release Tuesday, Nov. 15, 2016
CONTACT: Roy L. Williams
Director of Public Relations
Birmingham Public Library
Phone: (205) 226-3746 cell (205) 568-0067
From Page to Stage: A Christmas Carol - A Reader’s Theater Workshop for Children comes to the Birmingham Public Library
BIRMINGHAM, Alabama—The Birmingham Public Library (BPL), in partnership with the Birmingham Children’s Theatre (BCT) and Junior League of Birmingham (JLB), is hosting “From Page to Stage: A Christmas Carol” – A Readers’ Theater Workshop for Children.
In anticipation of the upcoming BCT performance of “A Christmas Carol,” BPL will be hosting free workshops at several of its area libraries. Children aged 7 to 12 will learn how stories come alive through the magic of theater. Junior League of Birmingham members will coach the children and introduce them to similar literature located in their local library. Each child will receive two free tickets (one child and one adult ticket) to the Birmingham Children’s Theater “A Christmas Carol” production taking place in December.
Workshop space is limited, so contact your participating library location to register a child for the workshop. Libraries and dates are as follows:
• East Lake Branch Library, #4 Oporto-Madrid Blvd.: Saturday, Nov. 19, 2:30 p.m.
• Pratt City Branch Library, 509 Dugan Ave.: Saturday, Nov. 19, 2:30 p.m.
• Avondale Regional Library, 509 40th St. South: Sunday, Nov. 20, 2:30 p.m.
• Five Points West Regional Library, 4812 Avenue W: Sunday, Nov. 20, 2:30 p.m.
• Southside Branch Library, 1814 11th Avenue S: Saturday, Dec. 3. 2:30 p.m.
• West End Branch Library, 1348 Tuscaloosa Avenue SW: Saturday, Dec. 3, 2:30 p.m.
• Springville Road Regional Library, 1224 Old Springville Road: Sunday, Dec. 4, 2:30 p.m.
Read more about the workshop at the BPL link below: http://bplolinenews.blogspot.com/2016/11/from-page-to-stage-christmas-carol.html
For street addresses, phone numbers, and directions for a Birmingham Public Library location, visit http://www.bplonline.org/locations/.
FOR MORE INFORMATION ABOUT BPL
For additional information about the programs and services of the Birmingham Public Library, visit our website at www.bplonline.org and be sure to follow us on Facebook and Twitter @BPL. The mission of Birmingham Public Library is to provide the highest quality library service to our citizens for life-long learning, cultural enrichment, and enjoyment. This system—with 19 locations and serving the community for 129 years—is one of the largest library systems in the southeast.