Birmingham Public Library
2100 Park Place
Birmingham, Alabama 35203
http://www.bplonline.org
Digital Collections Subject Browser
subject : Churches
photograph
Copy of an original b&w photograph of the Avondale Presbyterian Church made sometime in the early 1890's. According to an article published in the Birmingham News on April 10, 1937, this sanctuary was built in 1890 on 3rd Avenue South between 41st and 40th Streets. It was located to the north of the South Avondale Baptist Church, whose steeple may be seen in the background.
Basil Manley, Jr. Papers (source)
Birmingham Public Library (Alabama) (publisher)
ca. 1890
photograph
b&w photograph of the church exterior with insert of a man's portrait.The construction work was completed in 1888 and dedicated that same year by Bishop Keener. Reverend W. T. Andrews, pastor.
Photographs, General Collection (source)
Birmingham Public Library (Alabama) (publisher)
1904
newspaper clipping
Fire guts Brookhaven Methodist Church in Powderly. Includes Photograph.
Clipping file (source)
Birmingham News (publisher)
11-10-1943
Page Last Modified: 2/3/2016 9:38 AM