Birmingham Public Library
2100 Park Place
Birmingham, Alabama 35203
http://www.bplonline.org
Digital Collections Subject Browser
subject : Temple Beth El (Birmingham, Ala)
photograph
Temple Beth-El, organized in 1905, was built in 1926 at the corner of Highland Avenue and Beech Street [21st Way South]. The architect, Charles McCauley, designed it in the Romanesque style with round arches. The back part of the building was added on in 1950. The interiors of both the original building and the additions were remodeled and designed by William Chambers. The building is remarkable not only for its architectural beauty but for its sculptures by Philip Ratner.
Archives Department, Jefferson County Historical Commission, Collection # 4. (source)
Merino, James A., Dr. (publisher)
Moseley, Don (contributor)
October, 1972
Page Last Modified: 2/3/2016 9:38 AM