The mission of the council is to:
• Advocate for universal health care and for the improvement of current systems intended to serve people who are poor and homeless;
• Research critical issues;
• Train and organize health care providers, service agencies, and homeless people themselves to improve care;
• Publish newsletters, monographs, action alerts, policy statements, training videos and books; and
• Collaborate with a broad range of public and private entities interested in the problems of health care and homelessness.